Ambulatory Surgery Clinical Director
Company: Trinity Park Surgery Center
Posted on: November 14, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a World---s Most Admired Company in the
Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine. The
Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with
physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases
are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or
On-call will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally
creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared
focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we
serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our
team! ----A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
- Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- New Extended Family Leave and PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discount Program ---- GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:--
Contributes to the company by managing all aspects of environmental
control, clinical staff, equipment, and education of personnel.
Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services
rendered to improve clinical outcomes.-- Plans and directs the
delivery of safe, effective nursing care until the patient is
discharged.-- The Clinical Director ensures that nursing care meets
the standards of the profession, the policies of the Center, and is
appropriate to the Center---s patient population. The director will
demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote
quality customer service and patient satisfaction. --OPERATIONAL
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- --Directs and supervises all areas of nursing care.
- Maintains an effective and supportive working relationship with
the Medical Director.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in
accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies of the
- Keeps Facility Administrator informed of clinical
- Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which
all team members can work cooperatively.
- Oversees and administers staff scheduling.
- Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care
- Direct and provide for patient care in emergency
- Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians and
- Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure adequate
staffing at all times.
- Administers effective employee performance management through
continuous coaching and development.
- Administers appropriate corrective action in timely manner to
address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy and
- Understands and assists with implementing and maintaining
personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary
program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the
- Establish appropriate lines of communication, authority, and
accountability as directed for the clinical operations.
- Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body
- Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA) and
assists in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency
- Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and any
ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory
and/or accreditation standards.
- Implement Best Practices and follow-up.
- Assists with facility marketing efforts.
- Assists with implementing on-going risk management
- Completes variance reports as necessary.
- Supervises and participates in inventory count, as required per
- Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of proposed
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful
- Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff meetings and
participates in emergency drills.
- Orientates and trains new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient
information at all times.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively
in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall
- Practice and adhere to the ---Code of Conduct--- philosophy and
---Mission and Value Statement---.
- Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator---s absence.
--Qualifications KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: --
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business operations
and the effect they have on the overall business results.
- Identifies underlying care management issues and trends.
- Knows when to apply proper care interventions.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and
judgment to make effective decisions.----
- Ability to apply tools and processes to successfully manage to
- Ability to assess work activities and allocate resources
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all
documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people
feel valued, appreciated, and included.--
- Ability to maintain long-term customer relationships, building
trust and respect by consistently meet and exceed
- Handles upset staff and patients by hearing them out,
empathizing, apologizing, and taking personal responsibility for
resolving the problem/issue.--
- Objectively views a conflict from all sides.
- Performs mentally and physically taxing work effectively;
retains the capacity for effective action or accomplishment over
long periods of time.
- High Impact Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient
outcomes by respecting each patient---s cultural, psychosocial, and
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly
expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical
- Computer Skills --- Demonstrated computer proficiency and
proficiency in PC applications as required. --EDUCATION: -- --
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- Bachelor or Master---s Degree in Nursing (preferred)
- Minimum (3) years direct RN experience (preferably in an
ambulatory surgery center surgical setting).
- Minimum (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment--or
appropriate compact licensure
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online
certification not acceptable.
- ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
- CNOR preferred.---We are an equal opportunity employer and we
value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status.-----Notice Our Company---s recruiters are here to help
unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your
candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking--here.For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: Trinity Park Surgery Center, Haltom City , Ambulatory Surgery Clinical Director, Healthcare , Arlington, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!