Health Aide - IDEA Achieve (Immediate Opening)
Company: IDEA Public Schools
Location: Haltom City
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are
committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college.
IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the
fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter
schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to
college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years -
that's 8 times the national rate for students in our
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in
the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to
meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more
students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve
nearly 53 ,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA
will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools
opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d
new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (202 0 ), and Tampa
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and
Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach
ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with
IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this .
About Tarrant County
Tarrant County has long proved a magnet for families and young
professionals looking to plant roots and create a home. Dallas-Fort
Worth is ranked as #18 on the Best Places to Live list from U.S.
News & World Report.
This fast-growing region has experienced a larger jump in its
student population than any other North Texas County. Tarrant
County is now home to nearly 400,000 school aged children, and
growth is expected to continue for years to come. IDEA Achieve and
IDEA Rise first opened their doors in August of 2019 to support the
educational landscape in closing the gap for college
Only 10% of Tarrant County students attend and complete college
while IDEA alumni have a record of 41% matriculation. Changing this
statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming
The Health Aide is primarily responsible for providing health
services to students, conducting state-mandated screenings,
maintaining 100% immunization state compliance and maintaining
accurate files. The School Health Aide is responsible for leading
the campus clinic on his/her own, serving a campus with up to 1,600
students enrolled. The school Health Aide is also responsible for
promoting health education and preventative health practices for
All clinic staff report directly to the campus Assistant Princip al
of Operations (APO.) All medical and compliance for the district is
directed to the Director of Health and Wellness.
- Provide direct care utilizing professional triage skills, basic
care, and established school health protocols.
- Manage campus clinic independently which can serve up to 1,500
- Serve as a health advocate for students.
- Notify parents of accidents or illnesses and secure medical
care for students in emergency cases.
- Coordinate management system to administer medications to
students at school.
- Establish and implement effective procedures for mandatory
screening programs. Make referrals as necessary.
- Serve as a health liaison between school, physicians, parents,
- Assess student problems and make appropriate referrals working
with students, teachers, parents, and medical and health care
professionals, as needed.
- Participate in health-related school committees focused on
student health and wellness.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation
of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Participate in assessment and reporting of suspected child
- Make home visits to help with student health problems as
necessary with permission of principal.
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Principal of
Operations, regional health services manager, school counselor,
teachers, parents, food services staff, and other staff regarding
health services issues.
- Collect, review and enter immunization records. Ensure records
are compliant within first 30 days of school and remain compliant
throughout the school year.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic
reports, records, and other documents required, including clinic
visits, student action plans, doctor's orders, etc.
- Request supplies and equipment needed to maintain clinic
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws,
Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and
board policy in health services area.
- Report potential health and safety hazards to the campus
Assistant Principal of Operations.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and
- Professional Development
- Maintain certification as a CNA or RMA, maintain certification
in CPR/First Aid as well as certification as state-approved vision,
hearing, spinal, and AN health screener.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and
- We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of
change: that all students are capable of getting to and through
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to
be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing
in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is
comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and
freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental
relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to
high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for
our colleagues and students.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED(required)
- Certified as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) OR a Registered Medical
- Current certification in CPR/AED/ First Aid(required)
- Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services to
conduct vision, hearing, spinal, and AN
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Proficient keyboarding and electronic file maintenance
- Ability to use laptop and software to develop and populate
databases and do word processing
- Ability to track, enter, analyze and monitor data
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, and execute toward
- 2+ years' experience in a health-related position
- Experience with school-age children preferred.
- Experience maintaining electronic health records preferred.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or
access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and
activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the
organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title
VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA
Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.
Keywords: IDEA Public Schools, Haltom City , Health Aide - IDEA Achieve (Immediate Opening), Healthcare , Haltom City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!