Senior Guidance Navigation & Controls Engineer (Dallas, TX)
Company: Lockheed Martin
Location: Haltom City
Posted on: November 23, 2021
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees,
families and communities. With employee health and safety as our
top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is
taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID
variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments
to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID
Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly
hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully
vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking a Guidance and Navigation
(GNC) Engineer for an exciting Dallas, TX position.
The GNC Engineer will:
- Perform critical studies, analyses, execution, integration, and
- Complete trade studies to evaluate system performance based on
complex launch environments and implementation of a terminal seeker
package for a missile program and providing a best solution for
- Support Program Reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings.
- Develop system requirements and define modifications to existing
missile program software.
- Be responsible for supporting the Hardware-in-the-Loop test
scenarios and flight test efforts.
- Be responsible for documenting requirements, software algorithms,
and test cases.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the -Mid-Cities- region in the
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of
Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The
region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy
and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a
great place to live and to raise a family.
- Must have the ability to obtain an DOD interim security
Experience with the following:
- Missile 6DOF simulation design and analysis and/or
Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) design and simulation analysis.
- Developing and analyzing guidance, navigation and autopilot
- Designing target tracking systems which generally include target
state estimation and target/detection association.
- Performing design and analyses of terrestrial navigation and
navigation state error estimation.
- Supporting preflight system performance assessment and post
flight verification analyses.
- FORTRAN or C++.
- Demonstrate experience with optimal state estimation filters such
as KALMAN and Extended KALMAN filter (EKF).
- Demonstrate mastery of C/C++ programming.
- Contribute to the definition of an operational flight program
(OFP) with integrated high fidelity 6DOF simulations.
- Demonstrate strong math skills in the areas of linear algebra,
matrix math, statistics, trigonometry, and coordinate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast
team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Haltom City , Senior Guidance Navigation & Controls Engineer (Dallas, TX), Engineering , Haltom City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!